Followers

Thursday 1 January 2015

January Challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Me again!

Naturally the first of the month also means a new challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit, so I'm back again this morning with a new project. As always Anything Altered Art Goes, and we have a brand new team waiting to wow you with their creations!

I decided to alter an A-5 ring binder to store dies in. I took the mixed media route, and though I'm only posting this now, I actually made it before the butterfly canvas, making this my first attempt at this kind of painty, inky, papery, mixed media goodness.


I started with a base coat of white paint, and then layered strips of paper over part of it. (Tim Holtz papers, though they're unrecognisable now, lol). I interspersed it with some washi tape and then went to town with my stencils and some home-made texture paste. I added some die-cuts, some wooden shapes from Fernli, a Prima angel and corner and some flowers too. I also added cheesecloth, which I'd roughly pre-coloured.
I also used several sprays and glimmer mists and the whole thing shimmers beautifully, though you'll just have to take my word for that, lol.



Isn't that angel lovely?


An angled shot to try and capture some of the sparkle...


I die-cut the swirls from textured cardstock, which added an extra bit of texture to the overall look.


I also added crackle paint to the area inside the frame, after spelling out "dies" with black stick-on letters.

So there it is, and this binder now houses my nesting dies (on magnetic sheets...).
Now I hope you'll go take a peek at what the new team has created for you all, and if you fancy dabbling with some altered art too (I know you do, you all keep telling me so! lol), then why not come and show it off?

Still hoping you'll have a splendiferous day!

Sammy-x

15 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

Totally fabulous...love everything from the colour palette to the embellishing...a stunning project.
Happy New Year to you too...
Hugs
Sandie xx

Hazel said...

This is a stunning creation xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Sammy, such gorgeous colours and textures with beautiful detailing too.
Sue xx

Christine L said...

In the words of youth (which I try to be!!).... this is TOTALLY WOW!!!

Happy New Year to you and yours..
Christine x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sammy, wonderful details and texture - perfect for storing your dies.
Pauline
x

Sam K said...

Wowzer, stunning hun, what a luxury folder to store your dies in hehe, hugs xx

Sue said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sammy! not sure I would know where to start lol but I would love to have a go at this one day..lots of huggles Sue xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creation here fabulous design and gorgeous colour tones.xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is simply stunning:0) hugs Pops x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Fabulous Ring Binder Sammy! LOVE this! Judy x

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is so creative and functional Sammy! Love every bit of detail here and colors are just too good! So happy to be creating and learning from you. Big hugs.

Elise said...

Hi Sammy!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wishing you a fabulous 2015 filled with love and great health!

Now your canvas is so GORGEOUS! Looove the colors .. and oooh the sparkle and shimmers .. sigh!!!


Big Hugs,
Elise

Pamellia said...

This is absolutely incredible Sammy! I just spent some time looking through your favourites of 2014 and WOW, your mixed media/altered art is spectacular! Just love your sense of style! Clicked that follow button, so I'll be back, until next time :)

Irish Cherokee said...

I love your creative heart and flair. A fine example of your best of the best. Beautifully crafted and expertly laid out. Great color and textures. - Jim

An Occasional Genius said...

It's absolutely wonderful Sammy, I could never do this sort of stuff...am a little bit ocd lol! I'd like to but just can't xx