Followers

Monday 1 June 2015

June Challenge

Back again!

As always on the 1st of the month, I'm here with my DT piece for Rhedd's Creative Spirit, where anything altered art goes.

As most of you will know by now, I volunteer at a charity shop (where I spend a small fortune bringing home stuff I want to alter one day, lol), and of course, it being a charity, donations are always encouraged!
We had a silver piggybank on the counter until recently, but someone bought it (after we emptied the donations out of it!), so we needed a new moneybox for donations.

So I made this:


The papers are from LOTV. I used them to decorate a small chest of drawers before, and decided I liked the look so much, I'd decorate this in a similar style.


And for anyone who's interested, this link takes you to the charity's website (which is somewhat out of date, but will give you an idea of what we do, lol). It's such a fantastic cause, and I feel privileged to be a part of helping these kids.

So, now you've seen mine, I strongly suggest you go take a peek at the rest of the teamies' work over on the blog, I promise it will be worth your while!

Now, I must be off (as I'm due in the shop!), but I will be catching up with you all soon.

Have a fantastic day!

Sammy-x

13 comments:

brenda said...

What a really pretty creation Sammy.

B x

Pamellia said...

What a fun idea Sammy! Love the soft purple hues and that butterfly is gorgeous! All the bling really dressed your little house up! hugs :)

Sandra Wright. said...

I'm loving your money box Sammy,love the colour choice and embellishing...should really get mine decorated, you have inspired me...
Hugs x

Jacee said...

Fabulous product Sammy, lovely work!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sammy, such pretty colours and details.
Pauline
x
I'm having a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

Kat W said...

I was having a little catch up on your blog...could you tell?!

This money box is utterly stunning and I hope you get lots of donations in it! That's if someone doesn't try to buy this as well as it is so lovely!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Kat W said...

I was having a little catch up on your blog...could you tell?!

This money box is utterly stunning and I hope you get lots of donations in it! That's if someone doesn't try to buy this as well as it is so lovely!

Big hugs, Kat xx

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT idea Sammy, love the gorgeous colours used too.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Such a pretty box and will cheer folk up when looking at it and I am sure it will encourage them to donate more pennies - beautiful hun xx

Unknown said...

Heheheh - someone may try to buy this one too!!! It's adorable. Great job!! j

Rupa Swaminathan said...

How very practical and simple is that Sammy! But definitely an eye catcher and hope it attracts a lot of donations. Hugs.

Jane Savage said...

What a fantastic idea and so beautifully done too! Looks amazing, Sammy! You should make these to sell in the shop too! They’d go like hotcakes! Sure beats a run-of-the-mill piggy bank! Hugs! xxx

Elise said...

HI Sammy! That is so wonderful that you're working in a place that helps others!!! That must be so rewarding! Your altered box is just GORGEOUS! I love those LOTV papers .. so soft and pretty! I love it!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise