Followers

Sunday 1 November 2015

November challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Goooooood morning bloggaroos!

Hope those of you celebrating enjoyed Halloween last night. We had a few trick-or-treaters 'round, but nowhere near as many as the past couple of years...

Anyways, on to this month's challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit! you know the drill by now, anything altered art goes. I took a set of wooden ATCs in a frame from Fernli Designs, and a DCWV paper pad, and this was the result:



The dashing gentleman in the frame? My grandfather. A wonderful man, and one of my favourite people in the world. I was originally going to use a random vintage image, but as I'd already decided I'd be keeping this myself, I figured "why not?" and made it that bit more personal by digging out an old photo.


It's hard to tell from the pictures, but there's a lot of detailing with a gold leaf pen (a Rustoleum one, which really does look like gold!), such as on the rose


The embellishments are from pretty much everywhere, but the majority are either Fernli or Tim Holtz.




The S and K charms are my kids' initials, to further personalise it a little.


And there you have it.


I hope you enjoyed my little bit of inspiration this morning. I am rather proud of it, and it'll be on display just as soon as I can get my hubby to help me put it up (as I can't reach, lol).

Hope you're having a fantabulous weekend!

Sammy-x

22 comments:

brenda said...

What a great design Sammy, perfect colours to compliment the vintage feel to all the elements, that lovely gilded rose and cameo of your grandfather.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Rupa Swaminathan said...

I love every bit here Sammy. Your grandfather is a handsome man!With just some repetitive tones, you have created a great piece.Hugs.

Sandra Wright. said...

This is just so beautiful,not just in design,but in sentiment...a wonderful keepsake.
Fabulous as always....xx

Sarah said...

A veritable work of art Sammy and I love the subtle personal details xx

My Side of Oz said...

This is so pretty and so much time involved making it I know! Love the pic of your grandfather and yes if keeping what a wonderful touch! hugsxx

Christine L said...

A stunning project Sammy - and that fabulous photo of your grandfather makes it extra special - a perfect keepsake for you!

Hugs
Christine x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

you have given me ideas now - I have one of these sets and been sitting there for months - such a gorgeous project Sammy xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous Sammy!! My fave colour palette and I love all the embellies and the touches of gold!! Absolutely stunning piece!! xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Wonderful Sammy, I love the personal touches with your grandfathers photo and children's initials. It was quieter for Halloween round here too, not sure why xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sammy, such a fabulous vintage design.
Pauline
x

Jane Savage said...

OK, so I could make and EXTREMELY long list of all the things I love about this but I need to go to bed in 8 hours so I’d better not!! You are clever beyond words, lady!! xxx

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is freaking awesome!! What a gorgeous piece of art Sammy! Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the kind comments you left for me while I was away, you are so sweet. It's been a long couple of months but I'm mostly settled in now so I've finally time to visit some of my favourite blogs. Take care and I will see you again soon, hugs :)

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous Sammy! Each tiny little work of art playing it's role to make a fantastic whole!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous project Sammy - such a lovely vintage colour scheme, which really compliments the picture and embellishments! Love it xx

Unknown said...

Oh wow that's amazing! Love all the embellishments!
Lucy x

Toni said...

Sammy I love this idea of using ATC's in a frame... I think I'm going to have to do this... Your grandfather is one handsome gentleman...

Darnell said...

This is an exquisite work of art, Sammy! Each one is candy for the eyes and I love that you made it so personal and meaningful for you and your family!! Hugs, Darnell

Elise said...

Wow Sammy! This is AMAZING!!! And I love how you made it personal for you by adding a handsome photo of your Grandfather! This is a treasure piece for certain!

Big hugs,
Elise

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous display Sammy, love all the vintage things used and the result is awesome.
Google + changed some things in my other blog which I did not like so have a new one, so if you want to re join please do so and enter my candy.xx
http://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/orchid-mice.html

Inkypinkydelights said...

WOW I love this Sammy! Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog. Magic Moonlight images are freebies and there is so much choice. Judy x

Pon Malar said...

This is awesome, love each n every one of those ❤❤just stunning ❤ love it...

Lozzy said...

Love this Sammy, stunning...Hugs Lozzy x