Followers

Monday 1 August 2016

August Challenge - Altered Eclectics

Hello ladies and gents,

Back again this morning with another August challenge. This time for Altered Eclectics.

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting at my desk thinking about all of the things I still need to do, and all of the places I still need to visit. Trust me, it's one heck of a long list!
So to help me keep track of all of this, I thought I would start a Bucket List Notebook, with different sections for each type of "to do".
Naturally, if it's going to be a book of things I'd love to experience, it needs to be something I want to look at all the time, so out came my Tim Holtz supplies.


The notebook itself is a Kraft notebook from Hobbycraft. I love altering these, as the Kraft covers are already perfect as a background. the fact that it's ring bound, also makes it a little more forgiving of bulky pages, in case I want to stick things in and embellish.
I decorated with a variety of papers, ephemera, tissue tape and embellishments, as well as a Found Relatives card, and covered everything with Vintage collage medium (I really, really love that stuff), before adding some fitting sentiments.


I definitely succeeded in making something I love to look at, but I'm not so sure I can bring myself to start writing yet. I always have this problem with notebooks that are too pretty... I'm terrified of spoiling them!


So I'm currently researching bullet journalling, and seeing how I can adapt it for my Bucket List. I have loads of ideas already, and I'll be sure to come and share once I have it all set up. Watch this space!

In the meantime, please do come and play with us over at Altered Eclectics.

Have a fantabulous weekend!

Sammy-x

7 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

WOW you really have done your book justice. just stunning xx

Sandra Wright. said...

This is fab Sammy..love everything about it...xx

Carole said...

Wonderful creation and idea Sammy! having seen it in the flesh I know how much work has gone in to this...and I know what you mean about not wanting to write in it in case you spoil it!!

Jenny Marples said...

Sammy that's fabulous! xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous notebook Sammy, such a great idea.
Pauline
x

Kat W said...

I think this is too pretty NOT to be used - lol! It's sure to inspire you on the outside and inside, once start to fill it with your plans and dreams. This is such a lovely idea!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Jane Royston said...

What a beautiful notebook! I love the vintage feel and the colours used, Jane :) X