Followers

Saturday 1 April 2017

April challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Hi all,

Last post today, I promise!

It's time for our April challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit, and this month I took my inspiration from our blog owner Sandie, who altered some wooden building blocks a while ago. I LOVED the idea, so when I discovered some at work, I grabbed them and had a play myself. This is what I made:


I started by sanding and priming the blocks, then painted them with Distress paints. A little stamping and a handful of embellishments out of a Craft Box to decorate, and most importantly some bricks (from Fernli designs), which I painted and added a little grit to, to give texture.

Aren't they cute? I think I'll be buying up all the building blocks that come through the shop from now on! lol.

Well, that's it from me for today, but I'll hope you'll come play with us.

Have an awesomesauce weekend!

Sammy-x

7 comments:

Nora said...

Lovely houses!

Nora said...

Lovely houses!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

so cute and brilliant idea. love the little houses hun xx

Sandra Wright. said...

I am so pleased you have had a play with the little blocks, they are such fun to do and there are so many ways to alter them.
I love what you have done with yours Sammy and I especially love the textured bricks.
Hugs from me x

Rupa Swaminathan said...

These are simply adorable Sammy!They would make a great decor piece as a set!

Words and Pictures said...

I love these little houses - fabulous script stamping and subtle neutral colour tones.
Alison x

Carol said...

Great project - love your houses xx